The Co-Manager/Manager in Training’s role is to partner with recruiting, hiring, training, and managing store employees to achieve personal and store sales targets, control expenses, and protect company assets, while displaying an interest and readiness for the Store Manager position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Meet and exceed personal and store sales goal and standards of performance.
• Assist in recruiting and hiring of high caliber employees with in store needs.
• Assist in training and developing a successful sales team.
• Provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to all employees.
• Recognize talented staff and develop them for growth within the company.
• Supervise and manage all aspects of daily store operations in Store Manager’s absence.
• Supervise and manage all aspects of Loss Prevention practices in Store Manager’s absence.
• Assist in planning weekly staffing schedules in compliance with schedules policy.
• Resolve customer issues effectively.
• Provide a fun, full service experience to all customers.
• Understand the Journeys culture and demonstrate it to the team.
• Prior management experience in retail environment preferred.
• 1-2 years retail sales experience.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Desire to succeed in fast paced retail environment.
• Willingness to learn.
• Ability to climb, reach, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to work 45 hours per week.
• Ability to work night and weekend shifts.
• Completed all training programs leading up to Manager in Training position.
• Stand for long periods of time
• Must be at least 18 years of age.*
*Age requirement for full time employment may vary based on state.
More information: journeys.com/careers